segunda-feira, 20 de março de 2017

​ Reflections

  The other night while my companion showed a family the Mormon Message "Reflections", I thought about it and felt that I should write about it! Many ideas came to mind as I decided to organize my thoughts:



As I first tried to find what the scriptures, church manuals, prophets and apostles have been saying about this subject I was brought that with this word 3.528 correspondences were found. At first I thought I've misspelled it. Some of the quotes I found were:
"Goals reflect the desires of our hearts and our vision of what we can accomplish.";
"(...) I sat in my room pondering over the scriptures, and reflecting upon the great atoning sacrifice that was made by the Son of God, for the redemption of the world";
"When I think I have no worth or purpose on earth, I reflect on this story and the peace I felt from the Holy Ghost".

Watch the Mormon Message "Reflections" at:


Reflection is definitely a part of the gospel and it ties so much with the sacrament for me, because with it we can do a soul-searching self evaluation that will help us to progress and to became better. By reflecting we will realize if we have been to much acted upon and to little actors in our life sketch. With this process it is easier to see how much of our comfort zone are we living in.

Dictionary definition




Visitors Center and Temple - This last week as we were walking around the Mesa Temple and it's Visitor's center we notice many things that were reflected. At first the glass on the very front of the Visitors Center the statue "Christus" had light enough to be able to break through the outside reflection of the park, as you can see on the picture. This brought me many thoughts of action and reaction and also what I do today will reflect in my future tomorrow. The temple also has a reflection pool which obviously reflects the temple's image but at the same time helps me to think of actions here reflect in the afterlife and also a place where you can reflect about your life.

When trials and tests come, how do you react? Do you become selfish and scared, or do you face the challenges with patience, faith, and love for others? How you react could change your life and the lives of those around you, for better or worse.
"What a man continually thinks about determines his actions in times of opportunity and stress. A man’s reaction to his appetites and impulses when they are aroused gives the measure of that man’s character. In these reactions are revealed the man’s power to govern or his forced servility to yield." - David O. McKay


I invite you to think of how you can reflect on your life and how will your actions now reflect on your future here on Earth and on your afterlife.



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário